Powder (non-) Flow day 2017
In October 2017 we will organize in close collaboration with a number of partner companies the Powder (non-) Flow day 2017 covering different themes associated with powder flow and the often encountered but undesired phenomenon of powder non-flow. Meanwhile contributions from Brookfield (UK), Anton Paar (Austria), Granutools (Belgium), DSM/TUDelft, Dinnissen, and Delft Solids Solutions (the latter three all from the Netherlands) have been confirmed.
Lectures delivered during this seminar will be devoted to e.g.
- Importance of Powder Flow, also in relation to particle properties
- Facile measurement methodologies to research and quantify powder flow
- Flow in hoppers and silos and the rational design thereof
- Rheological methods to study powder behaviour
- Consolidation and caking during storage
- Stickiness of powders due to exposure to variable temperature and/or humidity
- Hardware processing tools to avoid, suppress, or overcome undesired flow, caking and stickiness problems
The seminar offers an interactive program designed for anyone who is working in the field of powders and granules and deals with powder production, processing, transport, storage and related unit operations. Besides lectures, part of the afternoon session will also be devoted to hands-on activities. The main goal of this event is sharing knowledge on this theme. The seminar ends with a networking event in the hotel bar.
Date: Tuesday October 17th 2017
Location: Worldhotel Wings, The Hague Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, Rotterdam
8:45 - Arrival with coffee/tea
Cost: € 395,- (excl. VAT)
Coordinates of the hotel are:
Rotterdam Airportplein 55, 3045 AP Rotterdam, The Netherlands
A route description can be found under this link.
Program and Presentations
The program of the seminar will follow in due course...